The Online Payment Terms constitute a contract between you and Elkins Apartments LLC (“we” “us” “Elkins Apartments” “our”). Please read them carefully. Use of the online Credit Card payment services represents explicit acknowledgement and acceptance of these terms.
All online payments to Elkins Apartments using the online credit card payment services are subject to the following conditions.
We accept the following cards:
- American Express
You warrant that:
- You are 18 years of age or over.
- You are an existing customer of Elkins Apartments, or are making a payment on behalf of an existing customer.
- You have the appropriate authority to validly accept the Online Payment Terms and are able to and will meet your obligations in relation to these Terms.
- The credit card used in connection with the Services is issued in your name or you are authorized to use the credit card.
- You authorize us to charge the amount you have requested to your credit card.
- You will pay the credit card issuer all charges incurred in the use of the Services.
- The information supplied by you is true and correct.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- When you complete the online payment form, funds may be immediately deducted from your credit card in USD currency.
- All payments are debited to Elkins Management & Development.
- Lease costs and charges are cash discounted from their original prices, and non-cash payments are subject to a cash discount recovery adjustment which is clearly noted as a line item on the online payment confirmation and will appear on your account ledger.
- Due to the way credit card transactions are processed by third-party, external banking sites, there may be delays of up to 5-7 days in updating your payment history in our property management records and your account portal. However, for the purposes of determining payment timeliness, the date the payment is made using the online payment facilities is used, as evidenced on your emailed payment receipt.
- By submitting a payment, you explicitly agree to these online credit card payment processing terms and conditions as well as to our general website terms and conditions and our tenant policies and procedures. All Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time. Each transaction shall be subject to the specific Terms and Conditions in place at the time of the transaction.
- Returned payments, for any reason (including but not limited to NSF, reversed charges), are subject to a minimum $50 failed payment charge, as well as accrued late payment additional rent surcharges retroactive to the date the payment was originally due.
- There are no refunds for payments. If we determine upon written appeal, solely at our discretion, a refund is due, and decide to waive this clause, then such refunds may only be credited back to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction and must be within 30 days of the transaction being paid.
- We are not liable for a payment not reaching the correct account due to you failing to provide, or providing incorrect, account information or other incorrect details whether personal or otherwise.
- We are not liable for a payment not reaching the correct account where payment is refused or declined for any reason.
- If the card supplier or processor declines payment, we are under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. It is your responsibility to check with the Card Supplier that payment has been deducted from your credit account.
- We reserve the right to modify or discontinue acceptance of credits cards at any time, without prior notification. We are not liable for payment not reaching us in a timely manner in the event of such modifications or discontinuation.
- We will not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of these services, this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, delict or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- You accept and consent to your personal data being provided to the Service Provider and other entities, individuals, or organizations for sole purpose of offering and administering the online payment.
Credit card payments are secure:
- Payments will be processed directly by PayPal Web Payments Pro (the “Service Provider,” subject to change without notice), in US dollars, using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Credit card numbers are protected with a high level of encryption when transmitted over the Internet.
- Elkins Apartments LLC does not store in any way your credit card details.
- Never transmit credit card information by e-mail.
Confirmation of transactions:
- By using this service, you are consenting to receive communications directly related to this payment electronically to the email address you have provided to us.
- If successful, you will receive a confirmation notice of your completed payment.
- If unsuccessful, you will be advised that your payment has failed. Elkins Apartments LLC will not be advised why a payment has failed; therefore, you should contact your credit card provider for details.
- If your payment fails, please use one of the other payment methods including direct bank transfers through your tenant account portal. Please arrange an alternative payment method promptly to ensure your payment is on time and not subject to additional charges per your lease agreement.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact support by email at email@example.com or telephone at 812.339.2859.